Anthony Hope's classic tale gets a decidedly 'un-classic' treatment at the hands of Peter Sellers. Following the story somewhat, friends of the new King Rudolph of Ruritania fear for his life, and switch him with a look-a-like London cabby. Throw in two lovely blondes, treachery, and a battle for life and honor, and enjoy life at its zaniest.
- Peter Sellers – Rudolf IV / Rudolf V / Syd Frewin
- Lionel Jeffries – General Sapt
- Lynne Frederick – Princess Flavia
- Elke Sommer – Nathalie, Countess Montparnasse
- Gregory Sierra – Gilles, Count Montparnasse
- Simon Williams – Fritz
- Jeremy Kemp – Prince Michael
- Catherine Schell – Antoinette
- Stuart Wilson – Rupert of Hentzau
- John Laurie – Archbishop
- Graham Stark – Erik
Anthony Hope published this tale in an 1894 novel. It has been made into a movie ot television show at least last 8 times, the earliest in 1913! In this one, Peter Sellers does what he does best, play multiple characters to wonderful effect!