Gregory Peck stars as a Captain Josiah Newman who runs the neuro-psychiatric ward of a military hospital in 1944 Arizona. The movie is based on the novel by Leo Rosten, who was writing about a friend who was one of the first to identify PTSD.
- Gregory Peck as Capt. Newman, M.D.
- Tony Curtis as Cpl. Jackson Leibowitz
- Angie Dickinson as Lt. Francie Corum
- Eddie Albert as Col. Norval Bliss
- Bobby Darin as Cpl. Jim Tompkins
- Robert Duvall as Capt. Winston
- Bethel Leslie as Helene Winston
- James Gregory as Col. Pyser
- Dick Sargent as Lt. Alderson
- Larry Storch as Cpl. Gavoni
- Jane Withers as Lt. Blodgett
This 1963 movie was nominated for three Academy Awards.